There’s nothing cheap about replacing or repairing a roof, so you’d best be prepared to get all the information you need to make a wise decision when selecting a Cleveland roofing contractors. For example:
- What types of roofing material are best suited for the weather conditions in your area? What works for California won’t necessarily work in Massachusetts and vice versa.
- Is the roofing contractor licensed and are his credentials up-to-date? Also, is he bonded and carrying the appropriate liability insurance?
- What is the warranty on a new roof? It should be at least for a 25-year period. Anything less and you should be wary.
- What is the contractor going to do to protect your lawn, shrubs, and property in general? Also, you want to make sure he’s going to leave your yard and property spotless after the job is completed.
- How long has he been in business? Obviously, the longer, the better.
- When will he begin the roofing, and how long will it take? Very important information if your roof has serious problems that need immediate attention.
- Can the roof be repaired, or does it have to be totally replaced? This question could save you thousands of $$.
- Can the roofer provide you with references? Any roofing contractor worth his salt will be happy to provide you with a list of names, and that list should be long.
- Who is going to be the “go to” guy on your project? If questions arise during the job, it’s important to have a chain of command, and someone on the job with whom you can discuss your concerns, and answer your questions.
10. Who is going to get the necessary town/city permits to cover the project? You want them to do it, which will save you a lot of time and energy.
A few tips.
It’s always a good idea to give your roof a visual inspection every few months. This could save you a lot of money in the long run. Even a single shingle that has blown off, if not repaired quickly, can cause a lot of exterior and interior damage. And remember, as in every other profession, there are great companies, with great credentials and reputations out there who will do a great job for you. Also keep in mind that there are less scrupulous firms who are simply out to scam you. Hopefully, these 10 questions will help you avoid them